School of Maxism

History

School of Marxism of HBU was started from the Political Theory Teaching and Research Section in Jingu University in 1949. With the change of school name, in 1953, our school was renamed Marxism-Leninism Teaching and Research Office of Tianjin Normal University. In 1956, our school was renamed Political Education Department of Tianjin Normal University. In 1960, HBU founded the Department of Philosophy and Marxism-Leninism Teaching and Research Office on the basis of the Department of Political Education. In 1985, the Department of Philosophy founded the major of Ideological and Political Education, and began to recruit students with the second bachelor's degree in Ideological and Political Education. HBU became the first school in China to recruit students with the second bachelor’s degree in ideological and political education. In 1998, the Department of Philosophy got the right to confer a master's degree in Ideological and Political Education. In 2005, it got the right to confer a master’s degree in the first-level discipline of Marxist theory and a doctor’s degree in the second-level discipline of ideological and political education. The Marxism-Leninism Teaching and Research Office continued the history of our school, which was renamed Marxism-Leninism Teaching and Research Office of HBU in 1970 and Marxism-Leninism Teaching and Research Department in 1988. In 1997, the Moral Education Teaching and Research Office of HBU was merged into the Marxist-Leninist Teaching and Research Department; In 2006, the Social Science Department of Hebei Staff Medical College was merged into the Marxist-Leninist Teaching and Research Department. In 2012, the master’s degree program in the first-level discipline of Marxist theory and a doctor’s degree program in the second-level discipline of ideological and political education were placed under the management of Marxist-Leninist Teaching and Research Department.